Sopchy logo blackSopchy logo white

Software house - office

What is a Software House?

Software House is a company that creates dedicated software. In contrast with interactive agencies, the software house team has a considerable amount of technological knowledge. Nonetheless, the software house consists not only of programmers. Creating a software is an elaborated process that also includes business analysis and consultancy at the planning stage. A good software house both creates the application or software and leads you through the whole process of creation.

What types of software are created by our Software House?

Our software house deals with creating web and mobile applications.

Web applications (or Internet applications) can be opened in the same way as web designs in a web browser (for instance Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari). The user can benefit from their functions virtually on every device with the access to the Internet.

Mobile applications have to be installed on selected device, primarily via Google Play or App Store. It is advantageous because thanks to that from the level of application we have easier access to our smartphone's resources, such as internal memory, contacts, microphone, localisation or possibility to operate offline.

In practice we eventually create both versions of applications, that contain integral integration through REST or API. The ideal example of such a solution is Facebook, which provides the web application and at the same time offers mobile application, which can be installed on your smartphone.

Which programming languages and technologies are used in our Software House?

In case of web projects we predominantly focus on PHP and JavaScript languages. Of course we always use some additional supporting programming language, but nonetheless these are PHP or JavaScript that form the base for web applications and communicate with the database.

In regards to mobile applications, we usually base on React Native technology, constantly developed by Facebook Inc. (this company has some highly successful projects, like Facebook App, Instagram and WhatsApp). We also use Xamarin technology. Both technologies are relatively new tools, which allow to implementation of hybrid mobile apps - compatible with Android and iOS system. Since it is estimated that the code may be shared in 70%, the cost of the project is significantly smaller. On the other hand, 30% is a native code (which is created individually for operating systems).The major programming languages that we use in case of mobile software are Java, JavaScript, Python, Kotlin and Swift.